Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Reason To Leave The Country

First it was Wong Kan Seng, then Senior Minister Goh Chok Tong, and even Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong chimed in to add salt to the wound. How much more persecution can the poor pastor bear?

“I feel unbearably terrible for my grave error for which I regret deeply. I’ve let many people down. When it first happened, I mentally planned three steps:
0ne, sincerely repent and confess,
Two, bravely face all the consequences from the authorities, and
Three, after paying my dues, depart from the very nation that I love.
After much struggle I decided to be true to my heart, because Singapore is my home, no matter what.” (Pastor Tan, ST Feb 16, 2010)

Someone wrote "It (Buddhism) can be a godless philosophy. It can also be a social science. It can also be a religion. It depends on which angle you view it from." Given the vagaries of this group of followers, why was the ISD so quick to punish? The case of the hit-and-runaway Romanian dilpomat was a clear cut case, and yet the authorities decided to sit on their hands and let the criminal escape retribution. Todate , has Home Affairs Minister Wong Kan Seng even utter a single word on the police debacle? Maybe Pastor Rony Tan should pack his bags after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment