The "few companies" in which he serves in non pro-bono capacity to date:
- Independent Director, Grandwork Interior Pte Ltd (interior fit-out works, restoration and custom-made furniture)
- Independent Director, Japan Foods Holding Ltd (Japanese restaurant chains)
- Independent Director, Koyo International Ltd (systems integrator)
- Independent Director, United Envirotech Ltd (environmental engineering and consultancy)
- Independent Director, Asia Water Technology Ltd (water purification and wastewater treatment)
- Independent Director, HLH Group Ltd (property investment and construction)
Yeo Guat Kwang is a Bachelor of Arts degree graduate from NUS, and has no formal training in engineering, finance, business administration, or specialised trade skills. Prior to entering parliament in 1997 via the Cheng San GRC route, he was a secondary school teacher with the Ministry of Education. The pinnacle of his career development then was being made Specialist Inspector for Chinese (1993-1996). It would be an interesting exercise to date the chronology of his directorship appointments.
The companies Yeo is associated with professionally span quite a diverse range of technologies and business interests. In July 2009 Koyo International Ltd's subsidiary Koyo Engineering (S.E.Asia) Pte Ltd was awarded two contracts worth $14.6 million by the Ministry of Education for the maintenance of Mechanical and Electrical (M & E) systems in two school zones.
It is no wonder then that the newly commissioned MP for Marine Parade GRC has just resigned her day job as a senior business consultant. Who cares for a pissy post at Ernst & Young when the yellow brick road leading to parliament house is paved with gold? Meanwhile another de-commissioned member of parliament who seems to have difficulty securing alternative employment in the private sector is eyeing another soft option: the elected Presidency. Apparently the pay packaged is good, very good.